Field Service Representative – Rochester, MN
Wastebuilt stocks and sells parts for most waste handling equipment in use in the United States, including refuse bodies, compactors, and roll-off equipment. Our product assortment ranges from specialized body parts to more common heavy duty truck parts that might be found on any type of vocational or over-the-road truck. We focus on satisfying our customers’ needs through fast and efficient identification and delivery of repair parts.
The primary role of the Field Service Representative is to sell and support Wastebuilt’s parts product line for all customer types in an assigned customer territory. This is a route sales role involving calling on a set schedule of existing customers as well as cold-calling to develop new customers. The role will include execution of a Vendor Managed Inventory service that Wastebuilt provides to certain key accounts.
The Field Service Representative will report to the Regional Sales Manager but will collaborate closely with the local customer service and operations team.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of waste equipment and heavy duty truck systems. Mechanical knowledge is also helpful.
- The most important attribute is a strong motivation and ability to solve customer parts problems, regardless of the origin; candidate must have a strong bias toward providing customers with the highest level of service possible, must be tenacious at follow-up, and must maintain and grow an existing customer base through provision of outstanding customer and product support
- The ability to build professional relationships and rapport with account contacts and identify prospects for cold calling and convert them to customers
- Must have a desire and ability to learn a broad range of products as well as other Wastebuilt product lines
- Must have the ability to understand and articulate Wastebuilt’s competitive advantages to minimize competitive losses, while maximizing growth opportunities
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a fast-moving, team-oriented environment, and effective interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Effective problem-solving, business decision-making, pattern recognition, and memory skills
- Ability to implement programs involving new products and/or suppliers in conjunction with specific Sales & Marketing initiatives
Education and Qualifications
- Experience in sales (especially route sales) or customer service preferred
- Mechanical aptitude required; experience related to heavy-duty truck maintenance preferred
- Minimum High School Diploma; formal education a plus but not required, will substitute work experience for education.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.